Group Norms for Online Sessions
Essentials to ensure safety and confidentiality
- First names only, last initials when needed
- Please make sure you are alone while group is in session. If someone walks into your area, please stop video and mute sound until you are alone again.
- What is shared in group stays in group.
- No electronics/phone can be used during the group other than for Zoom or other platform.
- Please make sure you are in a private place, where no one else can view your screen.
- No recording, screen shots, or screen sharing
- Use “I statements.”
- Agree to disagree.
- No talking over one another
- Use respectful language.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Focus on yourself, not others.
- No sharing resources
- No violence
- No spending time together outside of program or exchanging personal contact information
- Join on time (or early) and stay for the entire group. Chat with host if for any reason you need to leave the group.
- Keep microphone on mute unless you are talking.
- Please do not smoke during group (this includes E-cigarettes) as it could be triggering.
- Keep key items that you may need during group with you at all times.
- Please be aware of your background and surroundings. (If you must get up, leave your device where it is and alert host when you leave.)